Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas party

I was asked a while ago to host a Christmas party for all of the women who I go to church with. I jumped at the opportunity to design something temporary, easy and fun. My husband was just glad that I might actually deep clean the house this year.

After finding some over sized, over ugly ornaments from Goodwill, brainstorming with my sister, and searching on Pinterest, here's what we came up with.


I needed enough seating for 40-50 people, have them all in the same room, and be able to see the t.v. My husband hung some branches from the ceiling. I'm not sure if you (or I) knew this, but my husband is apparently an expert angler. Which came in handy because if the fishing line didn't hold, I would ultimately be responsible for maiming someone. That's a lot of pressure.


After a quick can of heirloom white spray paint, the once gold ornaments were looking very festive. I tied them to the branches with red and white bakers twine from Hobby Lobby and called it a day.


It was really fun to host this years enrichment dinner for my church. I have to say, my tile floors took quite the beating from food and chairs and they are still looking fantastic. I really love how easy they are to clean. Here's one more of some of the awesome women who came.


Let's see how long my house stays clean. My money is on 9 hours. And mostly because my kids will be asleep for the next 8.

It's ok though. I kinda miss the semi-permanent blanket fort in the living room.


9 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous! It's awesome that you can fit that many people in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks amazing! So dramatic and festive! I'm sure all the ladies had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous! You have just given me a great idea for a holiday party I am hosting next week! I am sure the ladies LOVED it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas, love the painted ornaments! I would love to come to that kind of party. What a fun Enrichment activity, so festive & fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've posted a comment before, but I have to say, you are the most original decorator/designer I subscribe to. LOVE everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice party. Side note: Your, "follow me on pinterest" button gives an error code. What is your pinterest name? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was quite shocking. As in...good! Also, that is a nice comment from that Susan person.

    ReplyDelete