Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A quick craft

I did a super easy and quick craft the other day using things from around my house. I'd been needing a place to store my jewelry away from sly 2 year old fingers for a while and came up with a mathematical solution to my problem.


Old window + Burlap + Antique knobs + Chicken wire + Drywall tub = Really cute and functional.


I should have done this before. It's like inventing a casserole. Throw in all your favorite things and bake. I threw in all my favorite things and drilled.


It would be really great for a mail/ office organizer too. I wonder if you backed it with a piece of metal and covered it in burlap, if it would still be magnetic enough to hang papers and stuff up. Any of you tried that before?


* I just put a piece of burlap with a paper over the top of it on my fridge with a magnet and it worked. To quote Sid the Science Kid, "My hypothesis was correct".*



 Man, I need to get out more.




5 comments:

  1. Love it! The mail organizer would come in handy at my house for sure....
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new favorite thing to add on anything is chicken wire. I hadn't thought of making a decorating "casserole" - great idea!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never see old windows :(. interesting description tho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you just screw the knobs and the shelf straight into the wall? Actually, I don't know why I asked you a question, I never ever return to blog posts to check comments after.

    ReplyDelete