Friday, February 25, 2011

T.V. armoire

Remember my armoire I got a couple weeks ago? Here's a picture to remind you...



Not bad, but not really good either. People complain that I can't leave stained wood alone. Now that I have wood flooring, they can't really say that right? Well, here it is now...



I used a couple of antique glass knobs I bought at Martas room in Texas as the handles.



The paint color is called contemplative from Behr. I paint matched it to Glidden so it would be cheaper and I love how it looks. I got it with more gray in it because if I ever want to put a stain on for a more dimensional look, the Minwax stain in "Provincial" always brings out the green in my paint.



I topped it off with all my vintage globes. I swiped the brown striped suitcase from my suitcase stack. Now it's about 5' tall and I'm sure it'll shrink again.



Tomorrow I'll post some more pics of my living room and the pillows I just made out of this so stay tuned.

Linking up to
UndertheTableandDreaming

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! (yes, it required ALL CAPS!)
    So great. I'm uber jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks really great! I love the glass knobs. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable hutch. I love what you did to the top of it with your globes and suitcase. So adorable. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and I love your collection of old globes too!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet cabinet...good job..Mel's Cabin visited your post from Under the Table and Dreamin' party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! LOVE those knobs! We recently painted our old armoire red. Man that was a job, but it's so nice to get it finished and admire it huh?! Here's our red one if you're interested
    http://snails-puppydogtails.blogspot.com/2010/11/paint-projects.html

    ReplyDelete