Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trip to Texas

Did I mention that while I was in Texas, my best friend Katie and I got a wild hair and decided to re-do her kitchen cabinets? She wanted a lighter, cleaner kitchen and this is what we came up with. We also painted her walls a light tan. She still needs to finish cutting it in.
She found her clocks that you can kinda see at the flea market so I painted her a "Never enough thyme" sign to hang above her door. I also put a picture in here of this adorable cast iron scale she also bought there. She still wants to do a few things like rip out the back splash and put up subway tile. Sorry the pictures suck, I didn't realize her camera was so lame.
Befores


Afters






I'll post some pictures of what I got when I get the rest of it in the mail. I bought a sign that I knew wasn't going to fit in my luggage but I just had to have it :)


I added the pictures I took from my iphone. They might actually be better than her camera. At least you can click to enlarge. The island is on rollers in case you're wondering what's happening with the angle.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously? What is this world coming to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan and Katie WhippleAugust 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM

    hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! i cant stop laughing.... Russian Mafia? Penis enlargement? Oh man....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to delete it but then I thought it was funny. I'll turn on comment moderation if we get any more of them.

    ReplyDelete