Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dresser re-do


I'm going to make a promise to myself. I will even go so far as to write it in blood. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER modge podge anything onto furniture. I found this little dresser at a store in Phoenix called Lizabel's Treasures. They have great stuff, you should check it out. Anyways, I loved the lines and details and thought to myself "Self, it can't be that hard to take those hideous modged podged flowers off- you're coming home with me!". And then I tried to razor them off. Then used chemical cleaners, then got a freakin chemical paint remover. It left a sticky residue and I had to scrape with all my little might but it still had bumps. I'm the kind of cheap person who refuses to buy tools for projects when a metal spatula will work just as well but even trusty spat didn't work. Anyways to make a short story ridiculously long, I ended up just sanding off as much as I could and then painting over it all. A project that should have taken an hour turned into 3 days. Die Modge Podge.

4 comments:

  1. ha ha ha! Yep! Kinda like the stenciling with plaster on your wall (and then trying to undo a year later!) Guess we live, but not always learn!
    Hugs and congrats on your perserverance! (however it's spelled!)
    Betty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, but look how cute it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey tara! Thats awesome you found me...my mom would be excited! The stuff you guys do is dang cute...I love it! Ive been a slacker...haha. Well if you didnt already know you can look at my personal blog too. spencerandchelseacoon.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete